Pharmaceutical/Biotech, Market Access & HEOR, Global (non-specific)
Most developed countries apply some form of IRP as a factor in negotiating or regulating domestic pricing. With the emergence of risk sharing agreements and in particular confidential price / volume agreements tied to HTA assessments some experts are suggesting the end of IRP systems in imminent. In contrast, some countries like Canada are placing greater reliance on IRP to lower drug prices.
- Beginnings and Evolution of IRP.
- Overview of approaches to IRP.
- Impact of IRP on product launches and HTA.
- Role of risk-sharing agreements to mitigate impact of IRP.
- Canadian IRP as a case study.